HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMENS DAY!

This is the Haula Stone in Maui.  I took this picture in Lahaina when I visited Hawaii.  The stone which you can see looks like a low back chair dates back to the 14th Century. 

It may have been a sacred place where the women of royalty came to birth.  It is said to have healing powers.  When I saw it the idea of sitting here and having the gentle waves come over the belly with contractions made perfect sense to me.  

It makes me think of all the women who have come before me to become mothers and all of those who will come.  Mothering is a long haul!  

The work of bringing the baby into the world and as the child grows to adulthood and on.  We are mothers until we pass ourselves.  The journey is long and has many peaks and valleys.  I am thinking today on Womens Day of all of the mothers who have loved and sacrificed and work to grow as a mother every day.  

I am proud to be one of you.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended Reading for all parents

"The worst things you can do at the baby shower"

How to get newborn into a sleep schedule